To start off the new year, I thought it would be good to revamp some ways we use our coin system to make it more useful/meaningful.
Now, instead of just accumulating these snow coins you can put it to better use by using it to level up your character!
When you drop by the Bank leave a comment with the deviations and literature (etc.) that you want to "sell" to get more coins. With these coins you can purchase Stars (
There also used to be a max level for stats. Now you can go beyond the max by purchasing Star Slots (
). More information is listed in the Bank.
Keep in mind that unless you post your deviations to the bank, I will not be counting them.
Lately I've been having trouble keeping up with deviations and remembering who I counted or didn't. And a lot of times if I'm not mentioned via a tag or post then these deviations go left unaccounted for. This helps me keep track on who I need to count.
You can still drop by the other shops to purchase items, but to be safe please list down any purchases at the Bank for accountability. Some shops are from other members and I don't have control of those transactions. So, please let the Bank know when you purchase outside SHOP items so we can update your member sheet.
If you have any questions please let me know. Also, if you have suggestions on how to improve then please leave a comment. Feedback is always appreciated.
So, I drew a picture! yay! This will be added to the EVENTS Folder. Create an origin story based off this picture for prizes. (Makes it easier on me if YOU can tell me what happened instead. No? Ohoho~ )
Oh my... courtesy of moonlaments
, I think it would be fun to implement the famous "snow queen" into Marrah! How? NO IDEA. We already have one after all... could stir up some trouble.. 0.o Even Naida looks eerily similar to Elsa, no? ;D
What do you guys think? I'd definitely need to do some story line brainstorming. >.<
DATE MY NPC?
I've heard some advice on how to do this dating sim event, and decided to just do AU DATING ARPs.
If you'd like to join in on the action, the event will be added in the roleplay sign-up sheet. Just leave a comment saying the following: 1) Characters participating (you and your choice NPC)
2) Starting setting
3) Literature rating
These RPs don't automatically let you know if someone posted an update, so if you'd like to make reminders, feel free to tag each other in the reminder comments.
+ Roleplay Signups + DATING SIM EVENT
You can now request an AU Dating Sim ARP with any NPC!
Dice rolls are in effect and everything is left to chance!
Just post the following in the comments:
1) Characters participating (you and your choice NPC)
2) Starting setting
3) Literature rating
If you aren't already added to the list of RPers, Talon will send a note requesting your email address. This way, only the people invited will be able to access the rp so it stays private.
START YOUR ROMANCE TODAY!
ACCESS THE ROLEPLAY FOLDER HERE
Phoenix and Kristoff: https://docs.google.com/d
Sooo.... Creating a whole flash project is proving WAAYYYY too time consuming. So I'm open to suggestions...
I was thinking AU RPs where we all have a day we can "start from scratch" using a magic object and go from there?
The difficulty is trying to finish all the drawings. Then the second hard part is getting it all into a flash project. I've started some facial expressions, but I haven't gone far.
I want to be as inclusive as possible without spreading myself too thin. Sigh... If I could spend all day drawing for this project I would... but alas. I have no time..
So... Maybe an AU DATE EVENT? Each person gets to choose the NPC they want to date and we go from there?But, here would be the catch:
It's an ARP. So our outcomes are determined by dice rolls. Will it be crappy? Will it be good? Who knows.. XD
Dice rolls would probably be D20 rules with 0 being super pissed off and 20 being super happy and excited. I dunno... I need help. XD
Okay... So I think I caught up with all the deviations except the latest maybe two from this past week. I'm seriously considering a "tag Talon" rule so I know to count you. XD Or maybe I should make a "bank" where you post a comment with a link to your deviation. That would help a lot... but that means if you don't let me know about it, you don't get coins. What do you guys think?
Oh man! Sorry folks, I went through the gallery folders using the bank account and realized that I missed some of your deviations!
Not to fret! I'll be sure to update those soon and get you those coins you so rightfully deserve.
BAD FOUNDER! BAD! OTL
WEAPON / ARMOR CHANGE
Okay, so I've decided to make the update. Thanks for the feedback guys!
Now, you have free creative range with weapons and armor. Go crazy! ;D
I've been thinking about it... and perhaps it would be good to change the requirements on weapons and armor? I know our theme is "Winter," but maybe it would be a good idea to give you guys more versatility? After all, we have many events all year long and there are only so many weapons we can brainstorm before all the winter themed stuff runs out...
What do you guys think? Ditch the winter theme and stick with maybe "faction" themed items?
YAY! NEW EVENTS!
Sorry about missing the Winter War everyone! Q.Q Madam Founder was just WAY too busy this Christmas (as many of you already know).
But! To make up for it, I've been trying to create a fun story line filled with mystery, fun events that is similar to the actual Winter War event, and hopefully more drawings added to the gallery courtesy of yours truly.
So, I hope you're all enjoying the updates so far.
1) I think we have a good and working action system in place now so there shouldn't be anymore updates in that regard. But as always, improvement tweak ideas are always welcome.
2) The dating sim... I redrew some of the NPCs (woah!), but that's as far as I got.. XD The ones I've finished has several facial features that would be used through the game. (Oooo!)
3) The roleplaying Google Doc ("FORUM") is up and running. As a reminder. Just let everyone know via the journal comments if there's a new RP going on. --> fav.me/d72sr8v
Remember! I need your email in order for you to access and edit the posts there.
4) I still need to make an icon for Sven and include him in everything.. OTL.
5) Admission for new members is OPEN again, so if you feel like snagging some COINS and FPTS get out there and recruit more members! ;D
6) Lastly, we had the Valentine Event (which I think went really really well. ;D) and we currently have the EASTER EGG HUNT
event. Get cracking!
That's all for updates. Thanks for reading!
Yes, yes, we've heard this before... "I'm doing a revamp! Making things pretty, making rule changes, etc. etc..."
Sorry about all this "Revamping" business. But, it's been two years now and it looks like we are a step closer to getting this group into its ideal function.
1) I haven't even touched the comic or dating sim yet... ugh.. so much to do..
2) I DID start up a "google doc" folder that will contain roleplaying just like forums though. Except this doesn't notify when we receive a new post (unfortunately), so whenever you are on DA, just say to whoever is online: "HEY RP WITH ME I'M HERE!!!" and hopefully they can pop in. It also auto-saves and acts like a word document. When you are done with the RP just copy and paste that sucker into the gallery for credit! ;D
3) I added a "HOUSING" button to the navigation section of the front page. Now you have easy access to the group member's lovely homes. Get yours today!
made a new Carpenter NPC for the challenge so I'll be working on him soon to get him set up and up and running.
5) I see all of your lovely posts. And gallery submissions. Yes I need to get you some coins for those posts. Yes, I'm behind. Yes, I'm sorry. @.@;
6) In the meantime, admission for new members is currently "CLOSED." While I'm working on tweaking the look and possibly gameplay (I know gah! I should probably NOT but we will see...) new members won't be accepted. HOWEVER, current members are allowed to continue to roleplay. People who are interested can check us out and wait in anticipation for the next opening. >.<
7) One of the other reasons for the revamp is because I'm trying to use less actual dollars/moollah/stuff-i-don't-have... OTL. Hence, no super group and no premium membership prizes... I don't even know if I'll be able to renew my own premium membership..
It looks like you lovely members are more interested in the plotzzz, stories, rps, and games than actual prizes so that's great to see. So I'll be reworking that part of this group as well..
That's it for this update. Thanks for reading! <3
If you have any questions about this, please contact us. We also appreciate any feedback on how to improve the group! Cheers~